It’s going to take faith, dedication, and hard work to realize your dreams. In the film and television business, your name and your ability to get the job done excellently is everything! The great news is that for Christians, the Bible shows that your choices and decisions add up to your character and integrity. What Hollywood may call your name and reputation, the Bible calls your character.
Hollywood accepts nearly every artist who is good! That means, even Christians can get into the film and television business and make a huge impact. But, only if you are good. Our God is a God of excellence! So as you pursue your dream of impacting millions through film and television, it requires a dedication to excellence. You must be good to make it.
It’s going to take risks, wise choices, and commitment. Remember, before Peter walked on water, he had to choose to get out of the boat! Matthew 14:28, 29. He made a choice before there was a miracle!
You must also be strong in your faith. Your “walk” must be grounded in all of the things you need for a firm foundation to work in the culture of the entertainment business.
The CCM 10
Being a graduate of the Center for Creative Media means several things.
- It means that you are a qualified professional.
- It means that you know how to work in a real world entertainment environment.
- It means you can collaborate with several other very talented people.
- It means you know how to work under the pressures of Deadline and Budget, and know how to turn out amazing quality projects in that environment.
- It also means that you are a quality individual who can be trusted and counted on when given the chance.
Every graduating CCMer needs to reflect the following 10 qualities:
Explained in detail below.
In the end, it also means that any other CCM Alumni, no matter what year they graduated, will look at another Graduate and know that they possess these qualities.
The Fistful of Armament
Every CCM intern will be encouraged to develop long-term spiritual habits and disciplines.
Also, CCMers will be expected to practice what is known as The Fistful of Armament.
- Be in the word daily–not including what is known as “Bible Roulette.” Be in purposeful reading, study, and pursuit of the Lord through Scripture.
- Constantly be reading a Bible Study by a well-known and qualified Bible teacher.
- Be in community–a small group.
- Have accountability inside the Business (CCM).
- Have accountability outside the Business (not from CCM).
- Be a regular attendee of–and participant in–a local church in the CCM geographical area.
Part of your CCM experience will be to practice spiritual disciplines that you will need when you are out on your own. Deciding what film and television to watch, seeking the Lord over important decisions, living with other brothers and sisters who face their own individual spiritual challenges, and growing your own spiritual foundation will be an integral, daily part of becoming a well-rounded professional seeking to become salt and light through the use of media.